十大网赌正规网址下载

历史 & 传统

自1902年以来的卓越传统

1902       Cathedral High School opens under the direction of Bishop McQuaid.  Fr. Hickey converts a portion of the old Cathedral Parish Hall into a one-room schoolhouse. The school opens with thirty students who pursue a business education.
 
1904       Cathedral High expands its educational program to include an academic diploma program.
 
1905       Fr. 希基被任命为罗切斯特主教.
 
1912       9月, Cathedral High School opens as a co-educational institution with an enrollment of 330 students and 130 alumni.  1912届毕业生中有23名女性.
 
1914       Cathedral High School is renamed Rochester Catholic High School.  The name is changed as the school draws students from other city parishes.
 
1917       The women transfer to the newly established Nazareth Academy on Lake Avenue, 原位于杰街, 离大教堂高中大约一个街区.
 
1922       3月16日-参议院法案号. 1402 – The 罗彻斯特阿奎那研究所 is created by a special act of the New York Legislature.  This special act serves as the incorporation document of Aquinas.  It also provides for the Bishop of Rochester to be president of the corporation.  Aquinas is incorporated under the auspices of the State University of New York.
 
9月, Rochester Catholic officially changes its name to The 罗彻斯特阿奎那研究所.
 
1923       The Aquinas Institute Fund Drive is initiated, raising over $900,000.
 
1924       3月7日——杜威大道破土动工.
 
1925       Aquinas Institute opens its doors on Dewey Avenue.
 
1928       圣. Thomas Club is established for those who complete four years with an “A” grade average.
 
1932       第一届安理会常任理事国. 托马斯俱乐部入会.  第一个任务回合开始了, with the proceeds of the boxing matches donated to the Basilian Missions.
 
1937       Full administrative authority for Aquinas is transferred from the Diocesan clergy to the Basilian Fathers.          
 
Aquinas incurs substantial debt during the Depression, which is paid off  through diocesan parish collections and the operation of the school.            
 
The September 1937 agreement between the Basilian Fathers and the Bishop of Rochester provides for the Diocese to give $20,每年补助学费. Aquinas is required to collect tuition of $75 per year.  One half of the tuition is to be retained by Aquinas and one half remitted to the Diocese.  The agreement is based on enrollment of 500 students.
 
1946      The LaGrange Avenue Annex opens in September.  It includes 450 students in the 1946-47 freshman class that graduates 406 in 1950 – the largest graduating class in the history of the school.
 
1947-48    Aquinas realizes its highest enrollment at 1,709.  这包括500名附属学院的新生.
 
1948-49    阿奎那纪念体育场开放.  During the 1948-49 academic year, Aquinas football attendance reaches 128,343.            
(The stadium was sold to the City of Rochester on February 7, 1973 for $750,000.  9月9日, 1973, the stadium was renamed Holleder Stadium in memory of Major Donald Holleder ’52.  The stadium was demolished on August 2, 1985).
 
1955       April 4 – Diocese increases the annual tuition subsidy to $30,000.  Aquinas maintains its annual tuition of $75.
 
1976       主教霍根, Bishop of the Diocese of Rochester and President of the Aquinas Board of Trustees, 辞去董事会主席一职.  第一位外行会长当选.
 
1977       February 24 – By action of the New York State Board of Regents, 阿奎那宪章被修正, vesting full governance authority in the lay Aquinas Board.
 
1982       九月至八月. 艾格尼丝高中关闭.  The Aquinas Board approves the admission of female students.  Aquinas becomes a co-educational secondary school.
 
1989       June 8 – Aquinas is placed on the National Registry for Historic Landmarks.  Cardinal Mooney High School closes, and Aquinas welcomes those students into its 传统.
 
1993       October – Wegman-Napier Center opens, providing a large gymnasium and new science labs.
 
1994       June 1 – Board adopts the president/principal administration model.
 
1995       3月1日,首任总统被任命.
 
2000       While individual Basilians continue to serve on the Board, the official association of Aquinas and the Basilian Fathers concludes at the end of the 1999 – 2000 academic year.
 
2002       Aquinas celebrates its 100th Anniversary as an educational institution.
 
2004       美术中心是专门的, featuring state-of-the-art technology in classrooms and the 黑斯廷斯 Black Box Theatre.
 
2005       威格曼体育中心是专门的.  The building of this facility was made possible by a gift from Robert B. 维根曼的37.  Renovations begin within Aquinas’ original structure.                          
 
The Aquinas Student Union is dedicated in the fall, during the First Annual 校友 & 周末聚会.  
 
2007       《十大网赌正规网址下载》破土动工. Wegman ' 37健身中心.  Aquinas celebrates the 25th Anniversary of young women attending the School.
 
2008       Aquinas opens a Junior High School in response to the closing of 13 diocesan schools. Renovation of old gymnasium to accommodate the Mary P. 黑斯廷斯 & 安K. 维根曼库.
 
2009       阿奎那将托马斯F. 贝尔57礼堂.
 
2010       Aquinas Institute and Nazareth Schools announce a partnership that will create the only co-ed PreK-12 school system in the area.
 
2015       Aquinas opens a 6th grade in fall 2015, creating a true middle school on the AQ campus.

2015       Aquinas begins phasing out New York State Assessments and Regents exams. The transition will be completed in the spring of 2021.
 
2019       阿奎那奉献了户外跑道 给J神父. 迈克尔·韦斯利,CSB 57届毕业生.
 
2019       The Wegman Family Cafeteria is dedicated in the spring.
 
2019       An Augmented/Virtual Reality Lab opens at Aquinas to compliment the school’s STREAM-based curriculum.



©2013罗切斯特阿奎那研究所
杜威大道1127号
罗切斯特,纽约州14613
(585) 254-2020
隐私政策 | 十大网赌正规网址下载 | 站点地图